Updated: Jan 30
(former title: Angels Among Us)
The Lord took me out in the spirit and set me in the midst of a local church gathering. The people were excited and the atmosphere was "charged" with the expectancy of experiencing a "heavenly encounter". Next to me, I began to see a sparkling brilliant light begin to manifest, it became brighter, then all of a sudden like walking through a door, an angel walked into the room.
I watched as the angel began to walk amongst the people. The look on the angel's face was one of contentment, familiarity and ease, like it had been among God's people many times before. The angel was dressed in a white garment that went all the way to the ground, it was engulfed in light and the light that emanated from it's face was very bright.
I was captivated and felt compelled to just gaze at God's beautiful creation. As I was intently studying this being, I began to sense within my spirit something was not right. As I looked closer I began to notice that there was something "off" with the light around this angel's face. It was tainted. What I mean is...This light that surrounded this angels face "did not" have the purity and holiness that I have seen and witnessed when I have experienced the light that emanates from Jesus Himself.
I knew immediately that this angel was not sent by the Lord so I walked over to confront it, to test it, like the Word of God tells us to. (1 John 4:1) I walked up to the angel and asked, "Have you been sent by the Lord Jesus Christ?" It acted like it didn't hear me and moved away from me. I followed and asked again, "Have you been sent by the Lord Jesus Christ?" It ignored me and moved away from me. I followed it a third time...and asked again, "Have you been sent by the Lord Jesus Christ?"...it immediately shrunk down then disappeared right in front of me.
Next, I was standing outside of a building looking through a window. There were people inside and I could hear music. People were lifting their hands so I knew it was a worship service. As the people worshiped I began to see a light appear among them. As I looked closer...the light that was filling this church during worship, was the same tainted, imitation light that I had witnessed surrounding the angel's face.
My spirit was immensely grieved and I began to seek the Lord fervently. The Lord's response to me was very disturbing. He began to share with me that this church represented many worship services in spirit-filled, charismatic churches in the earth today. Many of them were experiencing spiritual manifestations that were catching and consuming the attention of God's people. His people were not experiencing nor seeking the holiness of His presence, but they were content with the false manifestations and His heart was sorely grieved. He longed to pour out His presence, but His people were not seeking to know Him and the desires of His heart.
They were coming to Him in they way that they had been taught, but they had not been taught by Him, but were following the teachings of man. They were not seeking to learn what pleased Him in worship. They were seeking His blessings, His power, they were seeking His glory and revival, but they were not seeking to know Him, and the desires of His heart...especially in their worship. They were attempting to worship Him in spirit, but they were not understanding that seeking to know what pleases Him in worship, is worship "in truth". Many were more interested in spiritual manifestations than in pursuing a personal relationship with Him and being conformed into His image.
What is the Lord saying?
- Do you know who you are worshiping?
- Are you sure the light, the presence, the manifestations you are experiencing are from the Lord Himself or are they false, tainted imitations?
- How do you know?
- How familiar are you with the holiness of God?
- Are you experiencing the presence of the Lord Jesus Himself?
- Or is it a demon masquerading as an angel of light?
- Do you know the difference?
- Are you or the leaders in your church testing the spirits?
- What does the Word of God say concerning all of this?
First of all...God does not want us deceived by the enemy!! Like Paul spoke in 2 Cor. 2:11 ...we should not be ignorant of the enemy's devices.
• 2 Cor. 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (we see here that Satan transforms himself just to deceive us)
• 1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God. (We have a responsibility to test the spirits...are we doing it?)
• 2 Thess. 2:9 ...the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders. (Here we are being warned that Satan brings false manifestations that look like God, but are imitations.)
• 1 Tim. 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. (If you are not testing the spirits, you fall into this category. You have abandoned Jesus and His warnings....He is the Word.)
• James 1:22 Be doers of the word, and not hearers only. Otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves. (You must not leave it up to your pastor to test spirits for you. You must do it!!)
• Prov. 30:5,6 Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.
Are you being taught the very Word of God? Or are you just believing everything you hear?
Let me tell you this....Jesus, Our Father, the God of all Creation....His presence is NEVER, EVER questionable. His presence is never mistaken for another, when He shows up...you know exactly who it is because one is overwhelmed by His holiness! The Lord never leaves you questioning the experience!! The Lord is never separated from His holiness. He is never separated from His glory. We cannot experience Him in all of His holiness, majesty and splendor....and walk away unchanged.
The reason people are still seeking revival is because they are not having an encounter with the Lord Himself!! (read that again) To experience Jesus, is to experience the ultimate revival!
I hear daily of experiences, and MANY from very well known current leaders in the church, of manifestations and experiences they are having and are calling it all GOD....and what they are actually experiencing are false manifestations from Satan and his demons transforming themselves into ministers of light. The Lord's heart is very grieved that His leaders are not teaching His people to discern the false.
If you find this to be a "hard word" to receive....then you need to check for yourself, by God's word, what you are believing. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS...test what you are hearing, seeing, and being taught. This is why a personal relationship with the Lord is so very important. We must know Him, and know His Word...the two will NEVER contradict because He is the Word!!
The very presence of the Lord Jesus Christ and His ministers...will ALWAYS...reveal and expose our hearts and convict us of sin, feed our spirits, and bring the power of Christ through His word that brings us transformation into the very image of Jesus. His presence provokes Godly repentance and change from earthly, worldly (Satan's influence) to Heavenly (God's Kingdom) influence. From unholy to holy, from all the death and destruction of the enemy, to the beauty, majesty and splendor of the image of Christ and the abundant life that He died to bring us.
Many of these experiences in today's churches have been the opposite...They are highly emotional (manipulative), tickling the ears and stroking the fleshly, carnal soul. These experiences are void of the transforming power of God to bring us to repentance and into the very image of Christ. That transforming power should provoke in us eternal change and bring the Kingdom of Heaven into the lives of God's people.
• Eph 14:14,15 ...we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ…
• Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongs to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
In close to 40 years of walking with the Lord, Jesus has appeared to me many times and spoken to me. He has taken me into Heaven and I have countless times worshiped before His throne and been completely "undone and immovable" under the weight of His holy presence. Through these experiences with Him I have learned to discern the clean from the unclean (Ezek 44).
I have been taught by Him what pleases Him in worship and brings His holy presence. He has also taught me what grieves and quenches the moving of His spirit in worship services, and believe me, it happens all the time and the Father is extremely grieved. Leaders would be shocked to know that their worship services are grieving to the Lord, but they do not consider asking Him. We must ask the Lord to teach us what pleases Him in worship and follow the leading of His Spirit...when we learn to please Him in worship...this...becomes worship "in truth".
The holiness of God's presence and the desires of His heart are extremely important to me. I have witnessed God's holiness many times and this angel that had seemingly come from God's presence, did not bear that same holiness. It is time we ask the Lord to help us raise the standard of holiness in our lives and in our worship.
Blessings and Shalom,
Zanild Tsadak Kohein
Ramah Ministries Int'l U.S.A. & Africa
~Raising the standard of holiness in God's people, preparing the habitation for His Holy Presence!~